Skip to content

US Expats Living in Mexico

Get Started

Tax Guide for Americans in Mexico

As a US expat in Mexico, you may need to file a Mexican return, and perhaps pay taxes, on your income to the Mexico Government. Here are some simple guidelines on dealing with, and the obligations for filing Mexico taxes.

A Tax Guide for Americans in Mexico

Mexico’s Tax System

Resident individuals are subject to Mexican income tax on their worldwide income, regardless of their nationality. Non-residents, including Mexican citizens who can prove residence for tax purposes in a foreign country, are taxed solely on their Mexican-source income.

Read More